There are so many choices available today when it comes to flooring. These choices can range from common old linoleum, carpets, stone and ceramics, wood, right through to the high-end exotic types of flooring (think baby Himalayan yak…. OK, that was just a joke!)
… But the point remains however, that whatever someone desires as a floor covering, most likely they can get it. Having said all that though, one thing remains true… Carpets remain the number one most popular type of floor covering, to the point where carpet still accounts for more than half of all floor covering sales in Australia.
And when you think about it, this make perfect sense. Carpet really is one of the most versatile, practical, and fashionable floor coverings available. It offers certain advantages that other flooring just can’t compete with.
Adding carpeting to your home will give you many benefits including:
- Adding Warmth – If you like the feeling of warmth underfoot, particularly in bedrooms and family rooms, then carpet is will be a fantastic choice of flooring.
- Adding Safety – Many hard floors can add an element of “slipperiness”. Carpet on the other hand offers a slip resistant surface, while also providing a natural cushion. This can be invaluable in households where there are children or elderly people.
- Adding Insulation – Both the carpet and the underlay add an extra layer of insulating material to the flooring of our home. And the more density and the weight of your carpet can contribute to the thermal resistance o your home, which can translate into even greater energy efficiency.
- Adding Interior Design Flexibility – Carpet comes in countless different styles, texture, and colours. So from an interior decoration point-of-view, carpet offers a multitude of different decorating options.
- Adding a Low Cost Alternative – There are numerous budgets that can be catered to when it comes to carpets your home. And in comparison to other types of expensive flooring, it can be a really low-cost solution.
- Adding Sound Reduction Qualities – More than any other flooring types, carpet is an effective noise dampener. It does this by reducing the surface noise caused by foot traffic, absorbing airborne sounds, and it acts as a great blocker of sound transmission.
- Adding to Creating Cleaner Air – Various research studies have shown carpets to act as an effective filter, trapping various airborne pollutants such as dust and allergens. This can improve the quality of the air inside the home, providing the carpets are properly cleaned and maintained.
- Adding Extra Life to Your Flooring – Modern quality carpets are manufactured to be durable and long-lasting. If the right carpet is selected for the right area, carpets can last for 10 years or more, and it’s reasonably common to come across carpet that is 30+ years old.
- Adding An Element Of Easy Care – Many of the modern quality carpets are manufactured with maintenance and “cleanability” in mind. The textiles used, the manufacturing process, and pre-delivery treatments, can combine to produce an easy care, stain resistant carpet.
So while there are many choices when it comes to floor coverings, carpet can be a fantastic option for so many reasons.